Wednesday, September 16, 2009

365

#3. I decided to play around with my flash today. I bought Zack Arias's One Light DVD and loved it. I was so intimidated by using an off camera flash until I watched the DVD. I would recommend this to anyone. This is a simple self portrait using only a 580 EX II and a convertible umbrella. I probably took around 30 pictures and this is the one I liked. I look surprised, but that is just the face I make when I am concentrating. This was probably a shot taken just to check the lighting, but I found it to look more comfortable than the rest. I posted more from the series on my Flickr if you want to see (www.flickr.com/jeremythatsme).


1 comment:

Vanessa McKellar said...

I like it! I like your expression and the shape of the light on the wall. Off camera flash (and off-camera lighting for video) looks so good.