Friday, September 25, 2009

365

#12. We decided to go out to eat tonight and Robin had the idea to go to this place that we have talked about since we moved here. It's called Catfish Parlour. It is located on 183 just south of Mcneil Dr. You can't miss the sign from the highway. We walk in and I look to my left where the bar is and the person standing behind the counter asks,"Would you like a root beer in a frosty mug or a beer?" "Why yes," I said, and within 10 seconds I was holding a pint of Shiner Bock in a ice cold mug. I immediately think to myself, "This is my favorite restaurant ever!" We sit down and are immediately approached by a short smiling lady holding a bowl of hush puppies and tartar sauce. They have jalapeno tartar sauce as well, might I add. Very tastey. She can tell we have never been here before by our responses to the questions so she helps us out with the menu. The kids eat free? Ok, this really is my favorite restaurant ever! Robin I both order fried catfish, of course. The kids have chicken strips and fries. This is their first experience with having an all fried food dinner. We are normally pretty particular with what they eat. The waitress, Bernie, was so friendly and treated us like we were in her home. I almost invited her to sit down because she was at our table so much. She was just a cutie. We also had probably 4 other waiters/waitresses come over to our table and all were just so nice. We will surely be back and I recommend it to anyone in Austin. Great food, great service, great atmosphere.

No comments: